Google
 
Web jonathanandwanda.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 17, 2005

How to apologize - by Rep. (R) Frank LoBiondo (NJ)

TRENTON, N.J. — Congressman Frank LoBiondo apologized for suggesting that Guantanamo Bay detainees were worse than Adolf Hitler because the Nazi dictator "sort of had a political rationale about what he was doing."

The New Jersey Republican made the remark on a radio talk show this past week, describing his recent visit to the Naval Base in Cuba. Muslim terrorists, he said, were more evil than Hitler.

"Hitler, in his philosophy, was, you know, he hated Jews, he was murdering Jews, and there were some people he liked. But he never went to the level that these people are going to," LoBiondo said.

A caller objected to the statement only a few minutes later.

"You're right. You're right. I was wrong. I should not have used that and I apologize," LoBiondo responded.

He told The Press of Atlantic City that the comparison was a bad one.

"I was trying to make a point about a terrible group," he said in Saturday's editions. "If I had a string, I would have taken it back immediately."

A member of the House Armed Services Committee, LoBiondo traveled to Guantanamo Bay on Monday to inspect the facility, which holds 520 detainees captured in Afghanistan. He voted against an independent panel to investigate allegations of prisoner abuse there.


Notice how he accepts blame, admits wrong and immediatelly apologizes without waiting for a few days to see if it's a news story first ... mainly he doesn't try to pull the usual (D)umbassrat non-apology apology crap. Lets break down his comments.

"You're right. You're right. I was wrong." (1. He says YOU are right, and then 2. takes blame himself ... "I ... was wrong")

"I should not have used that" (no "sorry if YOU were offended but I believe what I said" crap here ... just straight forward admission of exactly what was wrong and that it was indeed wrong.)

" and I apologize" (period ... not apologize IF ...)

'He told The Press of Atlantic City that the comparison was a bad one.' (He admitted that right away, and continued admitting it was wrong ... no spin.)


"I was trying to make a point about a terrible group," (Here, without making excuses, he explains what led him to make what he still admits was a mistake ... still no spin ... no passing the blame. There actually is a difference between explaination and excuses. One 'explains' why they're wrong ... One 'excuses' when they're wrong but believe YOU are the one who is.)

"If I had a string, I would have taken it back immediately." (Here is his remorse showing through. He simply admits a mistake and wishes he could undo it.)



Unlike the (D)umbassrat non-apology apologies that admit no wrong, basically saying 'I believe what I said and meant it but you were offended so I'm sorry you are wrong', he doesn't repeat the phrase he recognizes as wrong to make sure it's heard again and again. That would be done by someone who doesn't think they are wrong and are not remorseful ...

After all .. If you tell someone something enough times, it becomes their reality. Is it any wonder all you hear from the (D)umbassrats is the same things over and over and over ....... It's a 'brainwashing' tactic by the way.

Now if Durbin and the (D)umbassrats like him could learn this type of apology and mean it ... but I know they'll never mean it because they have shown us all already whats in their hearts.


(R)Congressman Frank LoBiondo of New Jersey ... Thank you for showing the world the nature and whats inside a true Conservative.

Listed on BlogShares